Floridians Protecting Freedom (FPF) is a statewide campaign of allied organizations and concerned citizens working together to protect Floridians’ access to abortion as reproductive health care and defend the right to bodily autonomy. FPF recognizes that all Floridians deserve the freedom to make personal medical decisions, including about abortion, free of government intrusion.
Floridians Protecting Freedom is:
Over 200 Local, Statewide, and National Organizations
Restrictions on reproductive freedom affect everyone, regardless of who they are or what they believe about abortion.
Our citizen-led ballot initiative, the “Amendment to Limit Government Interference with Abortion,” seeks to create a constitutional amendment that would protect Floridians’ freedom to access abortion, stating:
No law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patient’s health, as determined by the patient’s healthcare provider. This amendment does not change the Legislature’s constitutional authority to require notification to a parent or guardian before a minor has an abortion.
FPF’s mission is simple – to ensure that Floridians, not politicians, are able to decide what is best for their own lives and bodies.
We believe that the people of Florida should have the freedom to make their own personal health care decisions – including abortion – without interference from politicians.
- We value the freedom that we are promised in our state and federal constitutions.
- We value the fact that each pregnancy is unique and may require unique approaches to protecting patient health.
- We value science-based, compassionate treatment options that prioritize patient safety.
- We value abortion providers who have been barred from offering crucial care to their patients, and have been forced to choose between staying true to their Hippocratic Oath or abiding by the letter of the law.
- We value legal precedent, which affirms that abortion access is protected under the Florida Constitution’s privacy clause.
- We value Florida’s citizen ballot initiative process in which Floridians’ voices are heard by proposing an amendment to the Florida Constitution through a petition collection campaign and a vote on the 2024 general election ballot.
Let’s work together to make sure we all have the freedom to control our lives at the most basic level: our bodies, our families, and our life’s path – and that includes the ability to have an abortion.